You get plenty of options for mac and cheese at Costco, such as Kraft cups, Kraft boxes, and cheese tubs.
Mac And Cheese Costco - Kirkland Signature Macaroni & Cheese
At the deli section of Costco, you can find this pre-made mac and cheese. This comes in a large plastic tray weighing 3.5 to 4.5 lbs. However, the tray isn’t oven-safe, so transfer the food to a metal baking pan to cook.
The velvety alfredo sauce is used for preparing cheese with some romano, shredded cheddar, and parmesan cheese. This one big meal can serve four adults, and with extras such as roasted veggies and salads, this can go for six individuals.
Mac And Cheese Costco Price
This delicious creamy mac and cheese Costco costs $3.49 per pound, totaling $13 to $14 per package.
Price isn’t fixed, as it can vary by location because, sometimes, a 12 (2.05 oz cup) will cost $11.39.
The Kirkland signature mac and cheese will cost you $16.28.
At Costco's food or deli section, you will also find Yakisoba noodles worth tasting.
Mac And Cheese Costco Review
So, how does it taste? Costco mac and cheese doesn’t include a lot of flavors, but it still tastes creamy. The pasta sauce will remind the consistency of alfredo sauce mixed with Romano and Parmesan cheese. These cheeses optimize the sharp taste of shredded cheddar melted over the top of pasta.
Noodles are quite big but cooked properly at perfect heat to become tender. You may not like the pre-made mac and cheese if you love spices.
The taste is simply plain and salty, but the ingredients are filling, which your kids might love.
Costco Mac and Cheese Review | Chef Dawg
World’s Best Mac And Cheese Costco Cooking Instructions
Costco will not disappoint you for the taste and flavor of its appetizing mac and cheese that offers great nutritional value. It is nutritionally riched with 340 calories, 22 g fat, 27 g carbs, 12 g protein, and other elements in a 153 g serving.
If you want to make it at home with some additional modifications as per your taste requirements, follow these instructions:
Here are the important ingredients you will need to make mac and cheese Costco at home:
- Macaroni Pasta
- Cheddar cheese
- Corn Starch
- Yeast Extract
- Romano/Parmesan cheese
- Natural flavorings
- Cultured Dextrose
- Corn/ Olive oil
There are many cooking methods for making this delicious macaroni and cheese.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the cover from the container and wrap it inside aluminum foil.
- Allow baking for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Keep the internal temperature set to 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For a crispy top, bake the pasta uncovered for a few minutes.
- Your mac and cheese are ready to serve.
- Remove the plastic lid from the container.
- Wrap it in aluminum foil.
- Keep the container in the microwave for 15 minutes.
- Keep the internal temperature between 160 to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
Note: you can cook it for some additional minutes if the macaroni seems uncooked.
By Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Keep the mac and cheese in an aluminum-covered box.
- Keep the box inside the air fryer’s basket for 35 minutes.
- Cook it with opened lit for five minutes to get a crispy top.
Mac and cheese is undoubtedly a famous dish around the globe that goes well with salads and roasted vegetables. The Costco mac and cheese is best for your taste if you can't take too many spices.
You can modify your dish by making it inside the smoker or adding caramelized onions, chives, and crumbled bacon on top.