A properly cooked tri-tip steak is very tender, juicy, and appetizing. You can buy a pre-seasoned or un-seasoned steak from Costco and smoke it at home to get the perfect results.
I recommend cooking over indirect heat, like grilling for 20 minutes on each side. If you want to try it or prepare it at home, this post will thoroughly guide you to get the best taste for your life.
Costco Tri Tip - Nutritional Facts & Health Benefits
The Costco tri tip steak piece is simply a triangular roast usually sold in 4 pounds package at the store. This lean and tender piece of beef isn’t just delicious but has enough nutritional value.
The strong flavor of spice makes it highly appetizing. A pound package contains almost 180 calories, 10 g fat, 50 mg cholesterol, 520 mg Sodium, 2 g carbs, and 20 g protein. Tri-tip contains high calories and sodium, so avoiding adding more salt would be better.
These nutrients are beneficial for several reasons, such as:
- The high protein contents make it suitable for the body to increase muscle mass build-up and provide additional strength.
- Low fat and cholesterol make it ideal for keeping the body weight balanced.
- There is also a low glycemic index, which depicts the blood sugar will not exceed to maintain levels in diabetic patients and people who find it hard to regulate blood sugar.
How Much Does Costco Tri Tip Cost?
The unseasons USDA beef loin tri tip roasts will cost $11.99 per pound at Costco.
You will find the tri tip steak at Costco in coolers close to the meat department. It is usually available in two packs or 3 to 4 pounds, costing approximately $30 to $40.
Are you craving Aussie Bites? Read our guide to get the best Aussie Bites At Costco.
How to Cook Costco Tri Tip? - Cooking Instructions
The best advantage of cooking Costco tri tip is varying cooking methods such as grilling, boiling, oven, or microwave to get a quick meal.
We prepared it on the grill by heating the coals and adding mesquite BBQ smoking chips. Then we seasoned the roast from both sides with Montreal and McCormick steak seasoning.
- For best treatment, place the meat onto the grill off to the side of the coals.
- Keep the lid closed to let smoke collect inside for 60 to 90 minutes.
- Keep the steak on the grill till the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- Measure temperature with a food thermometer at three minutes rest time.
- The tri tip steak normally takes 60 to 90 minutes to cook fully.
- After 90 minutes, take out the tri tip and check its inside color and temperature.
- Wrap it inside the foil and leave it for 15 minutes to rest.
- Serve it to enjoy a delicious dinner.
Costco Trip Tip Review
The tenderized, juicy Costco tri tip steak is perfectly mouthwatering. With the addition of some extra spices and cooking for some more minutes, you will increase its original taste.
We have tried many beef cuts at Costco, but nothing matches the tri tip quality and taste.
People added that the beef is rich in flavor, has a tender texture, and is not too chewy. Whoever cooked tri tip even once loved it enough to try again and again.
Some tried making it by adding salt, pepper, and garlic powder seasoning to get the best taste.
Try out Costco Tortilla Chips Kirkland Signature if you are searching for tasty and affordable chips.
Is It better to marinate or dry rub tri tip?
To increase the tenderness and taste of the tri tip, you should marinate it before searing it on the grill. For an additional spicy flavor, you can add various rubs, such as dry, wet, and spices.
What is the best temperature to cook tri tip?
The recommended temperature is 200 to 250 degrees on an indirect heat source. Let it cook low and slow to avoid overcooking the outsides of the meat by reducing its juiciness.
Though Costco faces a lot of flak, its meats are truly delicious. Whether for roasting or baking, the Costco tri tip is always of great quality and affordable compared to the prices at other stores.
But grabbing your accessories with something great for dinner is more convenient at Costco.